If you do not do daily backups on your 50V or 90V switches, these steps will allow you to backup and restore voicemails.
- On the ShoreTel Director server, go to the C:\inetpub\ftproot folder and edit the security permissions, so that "\Users" have Write permissions
- Log into Director web interface, and navigate to Platform Hardware -> Voice Switches -> Primary and click on the VM switch
- At the bottom of the page are backup options, enter:
- IP address of the Director server
- Folder name (it will create the folder)
- Username: anonymous
- Password: password (any password will work here)
- The "Daily Backup" box does not have to be checked (unless you want to do daily backups)
- SSH into the 50V or 90V switch with username "root" and password "ShoreTel"
- Log into the service cli with:
- Backup all VM with:
backupvm(this will create the folder specified and start copying all VM)
- You can also restore the voicemails with the command:
- Once you are done, edit the security permissions of the ftproot back to the original settings if desired
This should be performed when burnflashing a 50V or 90V, as a burnflash wipes the configuration (including IP information) on voicemail switches.