The process to upgrade your Ruckus ZoneDirectors in a Smart-Redundancy (HA) pair is extremely simple.
- Login to the shared management interface (or the active ZD)
- Navigate to Administer -> Upgrade and browse for the new firmware file on your desktop
- Once uploaded, the browse button now says "Upgrade"
- Click upgrade, and the active ZD will upgrade the standby ZD first, which will reboot and become the active ZD. The former active ZD will then upgrade its firmware and reboot to become the standby ZD.
- All the AP's will start upgrading their firmware and reboot
Highly recommended to back up both ZD configs before starting (Administer -> Back up)