I came across a good support forum post (link below) that goes over some CLI configuration changes to optimize your Ruckus setup. Personally, I enabled ofdm-only and changed the bss-minrate and have seen better roaming behavior:
- SSH into your ZoneDirector
- Verify your current WLAN settings with
show wlan name "wlan name"
- Enter enable mode with
- Enter config mode with
- Enter WLAN configuration wtih
wlan "wlan name"
- Disable legacy 11b clients with
- Change the bss-minrate with
exitand the changes are saved
If you have dense enough AP coverage, you can use
Update: With the release of ZoneDirector 10.0 software, these settings are now configurable from the GUI under the Advanced WLAN settings.